Req ID: 116742
Principal NAND Probe Engineer
As a Principal Probe Engineer in Technology Development, you will play an active role in developing Micron’s newest memory technologies. Micron is looking for a talented engineer who will help drive innovation in our testing, accelerating our development and deployment of new NAND technologies. You will work closely with the Process Integration, Product Engineering, and Yield Enhancement teams to improve test coverage, segmentation, and performance of Micron’s future NAND devices.
Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- You will design test programs and methodologies for new products and technology
- You will optimize testing by applying more efficient methods to reduce product test times and manufacturing costs
- You will automate test processes by writing software to improve work efficiency
- You will develop tools to help provide better analysis and insight of the terabytes of probe data
- Develop new Design For Test (DFT) and Design For Manufacturability (DFM) capabilities
- Work with internal and external suppliers to develop and qualify new test solutions
- Collaborate with other engineering departments to improve overall product yield and performance
- Work within a global team to achieve success on large-scale projects
Probe Engineering is a multi-disciplinary field, requiring knowledge of semiconductor operation, computer architecture, programming, and statistics. Applicants with a wide range of interests and can expect to be constantly learning new skills every single day. Because Probe engineering works with many other departments, the applicant should also be highly motivated with validated communication and reporting abilities.
The applicant for this position will have:
- A deep understanding of NAND device and cell operation
- Practical experience with non-volatile memory components
- Practical experience in the testing, qualifying, or production of memory devices
- The shown ability to innovate and drive effective change in an energizing environment
- Excellent technical social skills
- Excellent analytical skills
Helpful additional knowledge:
- Previous experience with Fab, Probe/Wafer Sort, Assembly, Test, or QA
- Expertise in C/C++
- Experience testing and improving non-volatile memory reliability
- Non-volatile testing and characterization such as read-window-budget (RWB) and wafer-level-reliability (WLR)
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or a related discipline, plus a minimum of 5 years of NAND product development or test.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.