The Principal Microservices Engineer is responsible for design and implementation of the Microservices architecture for the line-card for a product leveraging the Infinera next generation PIC technology that will interconnect data centers of all the cloud services providers and provide the backbone for the 5G traffic. A Microservices architecture team will set the guidelines, and this person will work closely with them during implementation.
This individual must have 15+ years of developing embedded architecture experience, with 1+ years of recent Microservices (containerization and orchestration) experience focusing on the line-card within a complicated embedded system.
- Must have deployed a Microservices based cloud native SW product for an embedded networking/IOT device. Must have used modern SW technologies (Microservices, containerization and orchestration) within a complicated embedded system (both at the same time). Using Microservices near a simplistic UNIX server is not complicated enough. Must be within an embedded environment.
- Must have completed line-card development and deployment within cloud-native Microservices architecture using container technology such as LXC/Docker, Docker Swarm/Kubernetes (plus update, high availability monitoring and recovery, horizontal scaling, blue/green, etc.).
- Prefer experience having worked directly on the actual IoT device. However, experience having worked on the Gateway to the device is applicable as well. The Microservices Architecture team will want to know what size you worked on (was it 512 GB, or much smaller and closer to 2 GB?).
- Must have significant line-card experience. Prefer experience integrating with gRPC (google Remote Procedure Call), or similar tool, container solutions and providing support for new-line cards.
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL (Redis, MongoDB), Kong.
- Experience in data driven design and application architecture in a Microservices environment.
- Experience with API/Abstraction technology across SW/FW components, API gateway and service mesh.
- CPU architecture: Intel x86 and/or ARM.
- Must have great English communication and leadership skills as a driver of the teams implementing Microservices architecture. This position will work with teams in the USA, Germany, India, China, and Portugal, so being able to communicate clearly is very important.
- Must have 8+ years of DevOps expertise, CI/CD pipeline, including Jenkins, artifactory, Static analysis tools, C/C++/Java/Python and other embedded software programming languages. This is a Principal-level role.