TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
The Manager of Assembly CoE Projects within TESS is responsible of technology pipeline development/improvement on: Adhesive/Gel/Potting/Curing process blocks, and, Assembly Pick and Place processes, and associated connection process block: Soldering/Wire bonding, overmodling.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Delivers TESS " Sensors Test & Calibration systems " with the next generation techniques and methods to be a source of competitive advantage and to be capable of delivering the long term (5+ years) performance steps needed by the business
- Asses TESS current Sensor Test technology status and closely collaborate with Assembly COE (TESS and Corporate teams) to identify next generation solution.
- Knowledge management: external benchmark & cooperation e.g. institutes, universities, suppliers supporting CoE-Project development.
- Create ideas and innovation for new production concepts, identify with site ME how to bring automation to actual manual operations.
- Support ME teams on NPI at DFM stage to identify and define the suitable TEST technology according to Test requirement, cost, lead time, volume.
- Identify, prioritize, manage Centre of Excellence projects: scorecard: new Test equipment technology study, support and/or lead technical project, publish and maintain TESS COE planning and technology pipeline.
- Support initiatives for plant productivity increase, automation initiative, material saving, and cost reduction.
- Identify in collaboration with Assembly COE platform development and support deployment (lower invest, higher reusability and utilisation) to meet our TEOA requirements.
- Collaborate with sites and sourcing team to establish a solid network of Test automation suppliers per region, OEM, and corporate departments
- Support standardization of machinery and peripheral equipment and manufacturing processes.
- Build and Coordinate TESS Test and Calibration activities and roadmap
Leadership and talent development
- Build and drive effective cross functional teams across TESS to develop best concepts to produce our products.
- Organize technical workshop with cross functional team to support SDP and pipeline/technology deployment.
- Roll out best practices (SDP) and CoE projects in TESS
- Collaborate with regional leader, site Mfg. Eng., Assembly COE managers to identify Test and Calibration needs to improve COPQ, DL efficiency and deliver consistent conversion cost savings year over year.
- Sensor measurement, test and calibration: Pressure, Temperature, Humidity, Force, Position, Speed.
- Electronic Interface and signal conditioning
- Automation concept, PLC equipment and software knowledge like C-Sharp would be a plus
- Strong data analytics and knowledge of database concepts.
- ? Master degree (Mechanical, Sotfware, Automation Engineering)
- ? 8+years of experience in various Engineering or Product and Test Development assignments. Sensors mfg, semiconductors industry preferred.
- ? 5+years in project management
- ? Strong background in technical automation concepts and digital factory (MES software, SPC, datacollection, machine connectivity)
- ? Innovative and high level of creativity
- ? Base knowledge of Operational Excellence and Lean tools (Six Sigma degree is preferable)
- ? Fluent in English and both written and spoken
- ? High interpersonal and communication skills
- ? Culturally sensitive