With over 21billion web hits a month and scores of database servers storing hundreds of terabytes of data and a multitude of tables, data is at the very core of our success.
We are in search of an Enterprise Data Architect, who has worked extensively with Oracle and has a strong working knowledge of both relational database design and database infrastructure architecture including cloud development and deployment. You will be the owner of our database models, and will develop a detailed knowledge of the underlying data and data products and become the subject matter expert on content and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of the data repository and data products as well as serve as consultant to our Database Engineering team and software developers. You will help us scale our massive database in the best possible way with least amount of interruption to our ability to deliver products and services to our clients. You will develop cross functional relationships and processes that will ensure good schema design, database scalability and stability.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a key management and thought leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data discovery, database design and implementation
- Help us take our Oracle infrastructure to the next level by helping us evaluate RAC design.
- Serve as hands-on analyst, technologist and architect who has deep experience in Information management, data warehousing to provide us with tactical and strategic direction in the areas of data modeling and assessment of data quality and consistency across platforms, products and geographical areas.
- Own the database schemas and drive the program and process of ensuring excellent database design
- Drive the evaluation of the hardware and software architecture of our database systems, and make recommendations
- Maintain cross functional relationships with the Release team, Database Engineering team and Product software development team and work with them to create a sustaining approval process.
- Keep pace with the innovative technologies and consider possibilities of creating relevant solution offerings.
- Provide leadership, technical guidance, and mentoring to others in the area of quality database code
- Identify and evaluate new or different technologies for implementation
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical solutions
- Identify and validate software and infrastructure components required to implement technical solutions
- Help evaluate Oracle deployment in the cloud as a potential solution to scaling.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- 8+ years ORACLE experience in an engineering/architect role
- Experience in an Agile environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Must have a solid understanding of OLTP, OLAP, and BI
- Expert in Relational database design/schema maintenance
- Expert in capacity planning and performance
- Management and troubleshooting of all Oracle servers
- Experience with Oracle cloud deployment preferred.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager usage and capabilities
- Must know [Active] Data Guard, Oracle Cloud evaluation, RAC, Partitioning, and Backup strategy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Passion for excellent database design with experience in scalability and performance
- Expert in query optimization for performance in transaction and data warehouse processing environment.
Behaviors & Abilities Required:
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively on a cross-functional team with a wide range of experience levels
- Ability to prioritize both individual time and the time of the team
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills that encourage growth for more junior members
- Ability to write code that is technically sound, performant, scalable, and readable
- Ability to collaborate with business owners to understand and refine business requirements