The Medical Affairs department at Gilead Sciences is currently seeking a Medical Scientist for the US Veterans Affairs/Department of Defense/Indian Health Service (VADI) team with a focus on VA Medical Centers (VAMCs), DoD Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs), and IHS health centers. The Medical Scientist will be part of a team that serves as the medical scientific and health economic lead to facilitate the clinical exchange on disease state management and communication to key stakeholders. Successful candidates will be experienced, well-organized, results-oriented healthcare professionals with a proven track record of engaging at least one of the above referenced agencies. The Central territory includes Kansas City, St. Louis, Chicago, and MN. Residing in the territory is ideal.
Knowledge, Skills, and Equivalent Experience
- Collaborative, team-based approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, medical directors and pharmacy directors, pharmacy, and other value-based and population-based groups and decision makers.
- Ability to translate scientific and HEOR data and demonstrates a patient-centric and customer mindset and the ability to gain insights and identify customer needs and opportunities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook) is required.
- Ability to travel within the US a minimum of 60-70% of the time, occasionally with short notice
Educational Background/Job-Related Experience
- Education: Advanced scientific degree (MD, DO, PhD or PharmD strongly preferred) with experience in the pharmaceutical or related healthcare field required.
- Clinical and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in Gilead therapeutic fields strongly preferred (e.g., HIV, HCV, HBV, NASH, Rheumatoid Arthritis/Inflammation, Oncology)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the VA Medical Centers (VAMCs), DoD Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs), and IHS health centers, HEOR experience, and disease management with at least 5 years of experience in Pharmaceutical industry, managed care , or similar organization (e.g., field based medical/HEOR) with >10 years preferred.