ThePrincipal Propulsion Engineer isresponsible to assist in the development of the propulsion systems tosupport of various programs related to reaction control and rocket development. This individual must have a strong working knowledge in propulsion system design,experience in development and verification disciplines and able to perform engineering analysis and design. The ideal candidate will beexperienced in the design and development of rocket propulsion systems, including bi-propellant propulsion systems, hybrid propulsion systems, in-space thrusters, and combustion devices.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Support the Propulsion system analysis planning required to meet the program milestones.
- Develop the necessary propulsion analytical tools (both COTS and internally developed) required to complete the design requirements of the propulsion system. ?This will include propulsion system and thermal analysis to include predictive analysis, model correlation with experimental data, design group interfaces, production support, test support and data reduction.
- Assist in developing predictions for propulsion system level validation and verification events.
- Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and schematics
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Work with other Engineers to implement operating procedures, resolve system issues and provide technical information
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
- Ensure conformance of products with Engineering design and performance specifications
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements
- Conduct research that test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems
- Estimate costs and submit bids for Engineering
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Ability to travel occasionally required
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Related Field, MS or PhD preferred
- At least 10+years of experience in the aerospace industry with greater than that desired. Many of those years spent performing the responsibilities described in the job description is expected.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Must be independent with an ability to quickly reach a level where some supervision and direction are required.
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
- Must be comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people at various levels.
- Note: Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance may be required.
- Existing security clearance highly desirable.