SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane.
With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from theInternational Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial spacetransportationnetwork around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and schematics
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Work with other Engineers to implement operating procedures, resolve system issues and provide technical information
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
- Ensure conformance of products with Engineering design and performance specifications
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements
- Conduct research that test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems
- Estimate costs and submit bids for Engineering
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
ANTICIPATED LABOR UTILIZATION:
- Review Anticipated Labor Utilization as applicable to position as stated in the Business Area Labor Utilization Matrix
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Ability to travel occasionally required
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization’s only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Related Field.
- 14+ Years of related experience
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
- Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills and Abilities as stated in SNC’s Responsibility Matrix