Principal Manager, Key & National Account Management
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Customer & Operational Services
Southern California Edison’s (SCE’s) Customer Service Organizational Unit (CS) shares the responsibility to safely deliver reliable, affordable electricity to our customers. We support this effort by working to meet customer expectations. Customer Service is dedicated to operational excellence and innovative thinking through our workforce in our call center, field operations, billing and payment center, outage and demand-side management and other service offerings.
The Principal Manager of the Key and National Accounts team within the Commercial and Industrial Segment leads an account team in delivering a positive customer service experience to some of SCE’s largest and most complex business customers. Assists a team of 8 Senior Advisors (Account Manager 4s) managing challenging issues ranging from 220kV service projects, complex industrial DER solutions, fostering policy advocacy, influencing best practices in the key account management utility sector, and serves as trade association liaison for politically active C&I and Developer trade groups in California.
Manages activities that support the operations of the organizational unit. Develops and monitors goals, manages budget and contracts and evaluates staffing resource needs. Takes responsibility for compliance with all corporate (e.g., human resources, procurement, accounting, budgeting), regulatory and legislative guidelines. Manages quality monitoring and controls, process development and assessment, metrics and benchmarking, communications strategies, internal and external engagement, knowledge transfer, accounting and budgeting, procurement and contracts, and records management for the organizational unit.
- Provides leadership and direction in the management of resources and budget levels to meet strategic objectives and operational needs.
- Provides leadership and oversight of employment decisions (e.g., hiring, promotion, appropriate pay, rewards/recognition, succession planning, termination).
- Responsible for performance management for both direct and/or matrixed reports. Establishes performance expectations and goals aligned with Company objectives, policies and procedures. Manages, trains and develops staff by providing timely feedback, coaching and support.
- Provides leadership and oversight for Account Management – Assisting customers in achieving their energy related goals and providing customer care to commercial and industrial customers.
- Problem solving – strategic complex issues with cross functional stakeholders with diverse objectives to drive results.
- Demonstrates Company values through decisions and actions.
- Creating and maintaining a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Provide leadership and oversight in the development and implementation of business strategies, goals, initiatives.
- Covers for Director or represents the director at various meetings and vacations as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering and/or relevant liberal arts degree.
- Seven (7) or more years of supervisory, leadership and coaching experience.
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing external customer relationships at the C-Suite/VP level in the utility industry.
- Experience developing and implementing business plans that have a medium to large impact on the organization, and facilitating forums to capture stakeholder requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong values in competencies in the areas of teamwork, respect, continuous improvement.
- Five (5) or more years of multi-department experience.
- Experience interfacing and collaborating with executive and senior management, peers, other departments, regulatory agencies and internal and external clients to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
- Experience interfacing and collaborating with peers, management and other departments.
- Ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks and safety.
- Effective decision making, results delivery and team building, as well as the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation. Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning and improvement.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related discipline.
- Proficient in Access and SAP Applications.
- Experience supporting the creation of strategic business plans.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Work location may be the Rancho Cucamonga Regional Office or Irwindale.
- Position will require up to 30% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation may apply to this position.