Rocket Software is a leading global developer of software products that help corporations, government agencies and other organizations reach their technology and business goals. 1,300 rocketeers on five continents are focused on building and delivering solutions for more than 10,000 customers and partners.
Rocket Software is looking for a passionate Machine Learning Engineer to help us build and launch a cognitive solution, and provide leadership to the advanced analytics team responsible for building the intelligence for an enterprise scale real-time cognitive feedback engine. You will work on building, publishing and measuring machine learning models for enterprise IT to analyze, predict faults, recommend mitigation strategies based on trade-off analytics, and predict user behavior for a better more intuitive experience. You will be involved in a team that is solving some of the hardest problems for our Fortune 500 customers.
Join our team and take on this unique opportunity to reinvent database administration as we know it. If you are a developer who is passionate about data science and analytics, we want to talk to you!
What You'll Be Doing?
- Bring together a combination of mathematical rigor and innovative algorithm design to create recipes that extract relevant insights from millions of rows of data to meaningfully improve enterprise IT operations.
- Research, develop, and apply new techniques in the intersection of math, probability, and optimization.
- Translate unstructured, complex business problems into an abstract mathematical framework, making intelligent approximations when needed to put your algorithm to work at scale.
- Deploy, maintain and tweak scoring models based on feedback loops and real-time performance.
- Work closely with various product development engineering teams to solve key prediction, mitigation, recommendation and discovery problems in the field of DB2 operational optimization.
- Research, investigate and prototype innovative machine learning concepts.
- Guide, mentor and lead other machine learning engineers in implementing innovative solutions and driving results.
- Work closely with the data science team to understand the scope of the business problem and what is required for operationalizing the models being researched.
What You'll Bring?
- You are passionate about building software that matters.
- You believe in reimagining and redefining the world through software that is elegant and simple.
- You have an obsession about discovering and solving customer issues.
- You can work independently and drive results.
- You are open to new challenges, and willing to learn.
- You have a strong background in analyzing and discovering patterns in seemingly disparate data.
- You are a strong Java or Scala programmer who loves Apache Spark.
- The intersection of mathematical models and algorithm design excites you.
- You are familiar with the IBM z Systems platform.
- You are familiar with the operational aspects of an enterprise relational database like IBM DB2 for z/OS.
- You have experience with R or other such data science tools.
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.