2018-9983Category Localization EngineeringLocationUS-NY-New York
TransPerfect Translations International Inc. seeks Principal Localization Engineer (Worksite Location: New York, NY)
- Oversee technical processes which facilitate revenues exceeding $200M, including all Translation Memory management (over 160,000 TMs worldwide) and content extraction.
- Oversee process for Localization Engineers and coordinate continuous improvement cycles to push out to global team of over 70 people.
- Coordinate development and develop new tools and processes to enable the above, and allow global Production/Operational employees to employ innovations through software utilities. Coordinate implementation of new technologies across Transperfect’s family of companies.
- Coordinate development of CAT Tool (Wordfast) based on feedback user community of over 18,000 users.
- Create text extraction parameters and troubleshoot
- Serve as expert consultant and support for user base of over 1,000 Project Managers and 15,000 translators for all technical aspects of the localization process.
- Coordinate and lead all processes – both execution of existing and design of new processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Collaborate with Product Management to design new features of Wordfast, and test their implementation
- Implement new TM server technology (TMS) in Transperfect production, coordinate development of its features
- Create customized, purpose built solutions (scripts or applications) for non-standard projects.
- Continue development and customization of APGUI, a sidekick tool to Wordfast used to fast-track new features to internal TransPerfect users before being baked into the full software.
- Primary responsibility for integration of AP Gui into the Wordfast Pro tool so that all users (not just TransPerfect users) are able to utilize its functionality
- Primary responsibility for overall Translation Memory strategy – file parsing, TM analysis processes, manage physical TM servers and physical files for all TM assets globally.
- Develop tools (generally scripts or applets with customized, ad-hoc features used in specific project context) to deliver more functionality or user comfort to end users
- Ensure compliance with clients requirements and integrity of technical data (specifically content types such as .xml, JSON, .resx, and other web related resource bundles)
- Provide input to pre-sale planning and estimating of projects
- Interface and coordinate with project management and art-graphics personnel, sales and customers
- Analyze websites and applications for localization potential and assess the time and material requirements
Minimum Experience Requirements:
Requires 5 years of experience in localization engineering or a related field, including experience in the following:
- 2 years of experience creating text extraction parameters and troubleshooting issues for Translation Memory Management software.
- 2 years of experience with computer languages Python, VB, VBA, C++, and autohotkey
- 2 years of experience with scriptingPerl, ASP, Java, and autohotkey.
- 2 years of experience with markup languages XML, HTML and XLIFF
- 2 years of experience with Wordfast and SDL Trados
**Experience may be gained concurrently.