Principal Linux / UNIX Engineer
TTEC (formerly TeleTech) is seeking a Systems Software Principal Engineer to join our Enterprise Services team.
For more than 30 years, TTEC has anticipated customer needs and stayed ahead of consumer demands. As the leading global provider of technology-enabled customer experience solutions, TTEC designs, enables, manages, and grows superior customer experiences that drive shareholder value. Simply put, we help companies grow the value of their business by growing the value of their customer base. From design to delivery, our comprehensive solutions create value across the entire customer life cycle with industry-specific services.
Our capabilities include :
• Design : Customer Strategy Services
• Enable : Customer Technology Services
• Manage : Customer Management Services
• Grow : Customer Growth Services
Position Summary :
The Senior UNIX/Linux and Cloud Engineer is responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining UNIX / Linux servers on-premise and in the cloud. Performs and schedules installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes servers to achieve optimum performance levels. Senior UNIX Engineer ensures data integrity and availability by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures and documentation. Senior UNIX Engineer conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains an operating system hardware and software configuration database / library and all supporting information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Daily oversight and administration of UNIX/ Linux servers – 30%
• Installation and deployment of new equipment- on premise and in Cloud – 20%
• Implementation of server changes – 20%
• Providing application and end user support – 20%
• On call server support – 10%
• Minimum of 4 to 6 years experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL, CentOS)
• Minimum of 1 to 2 years of Cloud (Azure, AWS, Google) deployments
• Working knowledge of the UNIX operating systems (AIX and Solaris) and related hardware.
• Extensive experience with server virtualization tools including VMware and PowerVM,
• Experience with building servers, using rapid deployment tools including Kickstart, Network Installation Manager (NIM), Jumpstart or Satellite.
• Solid background installing, configuring, and troubleshooting equipment and mass storage configurations (i.e. SAN, RAID, MPIO).
• Experience installing and administering core third-party applications (i.e Apache, Postfix, Sendmail, Java, Openfire, DNS, MySQL, NGINX).
• Knowledge of performance gathering and event monitoring tools (i.e. Nimsoft, EM7 NMON, xymon, Zabbix).
• Experience working in a geographically-distributed, dense server environment.
• Proven ability working in a fast-paced mission-critical operations setting.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and presentation skills.
• Excellent time management skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Able to work independently and come up to speed quickly in new technologies.