As a Principal Linux Application Software Engineer, you have the opportunity to join our expert team of software developers and technology generalists working on a core component of Nuance’s DAX (Dragon Ambient eXperience) software solution. DAX is our state-of-the-art technology in Conversational AI that is revolutionizing the Doctor/ Patient experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- You will use your experience with operating system internals and real-time software to bridge the gap between prototype hardware and applications utilizing Nuance’s industry-leading speech and AI technology.
- Being an experienced software application developer, you will manage or contribute to sizeable application projects.
- All of your development work will contribute directly to commercialized solutions that will help drive Nuance’s most visionary programs forward.
- Additionally, you will perform tasks related to securing and maintaining the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for
Education: B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or relevant work experience
Number of Years of Work Experience: 10+
- Embraces software development processes and software design principles.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on complex problems.
- Ability to structure and organize medium-size software application projects.
- Expertise in systems and application development
- Expertise in C, C++, or Rust
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Linux container technology (e.g. Docker, runC)
- Experience with gRPC, REST, or other API-oriented protocols
- Understanding of Linux kernel internals
- Can manage board bring-up, BSP integration, and Linux distribution build system (e.g. Yocto/Bitbake)