The Senior Systems Engineer will interact with Architecture, Product, Operations, Information Security and PMO-based project teams to ensure operational availability, perform design initiatives to enable new services and documentation of highly complex technical environments.
Candidates must be well versed in all aspects of security operations for Server, Storage and Networking technologies acquired through 10+ years in designing complex secured computing environments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineer secure computing infrastructure solutions to satisfy our Vulnerability Management Program’s objectives across all Nuance Enterprise product lines.
- Research, identify and implement best security practices for all systems and service deployments.
- Monitor common vulnerability exposure databases (CVE) and identify vulnerabilities to prevent exposure to all known and potential threats.
- Research and analysis of vulnerabilities, identify relevant threats, and recommend corrective actions based on summarized reporting results.
- Develop methods for addressing vulnerabilities that include system patching, deployment of specialized controls, infrastructure changes, and changes in deployment processes.
- Manage tracking and remediation of vulnerabilities by leveraging agreed-upon action plans and timelines with responsibletechnology partners teams.
- Participate in the development and deployment of security tools and security processes to enhance deployment productivity and efficiency.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for secure
- Extensive knowledge in Information Security best practices with current IT technologies including Windows, Linux, Vmware, Docker, Puppet, Kubernetes and Cloud environments.
- Experiencedesigning secure computing infrastructures supporting hosted and cloud based operations for large-scale, global deployments.
- Experience in system architecture or systems engineering for integration into IP-based networkinfrastructures.
- Demonstrated problem solving, capacity planning and process creation skills.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Attention to detail with methodical problem-solving approach.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be available for occasional travel within the North America/EMEA and able to obtain a valid passport.
- Security Certifications strongly desired (e.g. CISSP or a CISM Certifications).
- Familiar with Nexpose/Rapid-7 Scanner.
- Familiar with the CIS Benchmarks for Server Hardening
- Experience in TDM/SIP telephony delivery and troubleshooting.
- Previous experience in current Cloud based technologies including Azure and AWS.
- Knowledge of voice-based applications (VoIP).
Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experiencepreferred.