Careers that Change Lives
Help the Medtronic Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (MITG) support MITG IT in coordination with the Global IT and GSO initiatives. The position will serve as a liaison between the MITG IT unit for the consumption of security related services provided by GSO and other Global IT teams. The incumbent will become intimately familiar with the products and services, day-to-day operations, and projects within MITG.
The incumbent will provide the business with expert advice and hands on assistance with all matters related to information risk management and IT security to ensure satisfactory and successful outcomes that both protect and enable the business. The incumbent will have detailed knowledge and understanding of the various functions within the GSO and Global IT and be able to efficiently and effectively direct business and project teams to the appropriate GSO and Global IT teams and/or processes based on business need.
This position works independently with Global IT, business, and project teams and requires excellent oral and written communication skills, political savvy, a customer focus, and ability to influence across a matrixed organization
A Day in the Life
Actively support a manageable portfolio of projects from start to finish in accordance with Medtronic IT policies and processes, produce clear, detailed project scoping and design documentation to be used by technical specialists to build appropriate solutions
· 7+ years of IT experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
· Knowledge of security and privacy laws/regulations, especially SOX, PCI-DSS, GLBA, & HIPAA
· Willingness to travel up to 20%
Nice to Haves
· An understanding of ITIL concepts (Foundation knowledge or higher) and procedures. ITIL Certification, preferred
· Background in all aspects of information security, technology governance and compliance processes.
· Knowledge of software development methodologies, application security, and OWASP guidelines.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, including meeting facilitation, and an ability to explain complex concepts to technical and non-technical staff.
· Provide computer system validation direction and oversight to project teams by giving guidance on validation requirements and by reviewing validation deliverables to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures
· Experience working with internal stakeholders or customers.
· Track and Trend Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and issue monthly reports to Senior Management.
· Review and Approve Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).Ensure Compliance with QA Procedures, Policies and current Regulatory Regulations and expectations.
· Lead Investigations, CAPAs, Change Controls, Qualification, Validations, Product Complaints, Batch Records Review and Product Dispositions.
· Extensive experience in Global IT Quality systems creation, rollout and management including Global IT Policy, SOPs, Procedures.
· Knowledge of PPM – (Project Portfolio Management), Polarion and SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle).