We are seeking a Principal IS Project Manager – PSJH to be accountable for multiple diverse and complex projects in the areas of information technology. Manages the assessment of new project/solution requests to support decision making with direct accountability to Information Services and the ministry / hospital / clinic staff / project leadership and / or Executive Sponsor. The Principal Project Manager will support IS intake and governance teams as well as IS groups required to deploy IS services as defined.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage various intake project requests and provide leadership for, and coordination of, project formation. This includes facilitating system selections, conducting technical and resource feasibilities, identifying costs and funding, scheduling resources, and obtaining approval for solutions.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across multiple locations.
- Monitor results/satisfaction to ensure that the project meets the expectations and deadlines. Maintains timely and accurate documentation in support of project analysis and daily operations.
- Provide support for special projects, which may include collecting data, preparing correspondence and developing solutions. Prepares, compiles and consolidates data for reporting to division leadership team.
- Engage and organize the assignment of activities of multi-functional teams, as well as the project estimates, project dependencies, and schedule.
- Builds and manages multiple, multi-functional collaborative projects and/or work teams.
- Manages stakeholders and multiple project teams in the context of a single project.
- Maintains all project artifacts.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, project management, healthcare admin or clinical field Or equivalent educ/experience.
- 7 years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations leading large, diverse and complex projects.
- 7 years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations expertise and application of Project Management methodology based on project management principles.
- 7 years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations incorporating process improvement methodologies into large scale projects.
- 7 years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations facilitating complex decision making among multiple executive stakeholders with different interests and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to elicit, analyst and communicate business requirements from multiple customers across disparate functions
- Understanding of local integrated delivery systems of a large, multi-site health system
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Effectively managers to project deadlines and escalates issues as appropriate
- Ability to analyst information, evaluate results to choose the best solutions and solve problems.
- Demonstrated experience as a speaker in a professional presentation environment, such as conferences and association meetings.
- Superior judgment, problem solving and cognitive skills
- Superb written and oral communication skills on interpersonal and technical levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessing and mitigating risks through risk planning.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and/or strategic and tactical planning and execution including marketing, communications and financial planning.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, project management, healthcare admin or clinical field
- Experience/Education in Project Management.
- Certifications in process optimization such as Six Sigma, Lean, CQIA or other nationally recognized program.
- Project Management Professional designation (PMI) certification
- Certified Associate in Project Management (PMI) Certification