We are seeking a Principal IS Project Manager to be accountable for one or more large, diverse and complex projects in the areas of information technology, clinical informatics, physician practice implementations, quality improvement, strategic objectives and goals. Manages all aspects of projects with direct accountability to the ministry / hospital / clinic staff / project leadership and / or Executive Sponsor. The PrincipalProject Manager will support IS intake and governance teams as well as IS groups required to deploy IS services as defined.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develops projects within a program in alignment with the organization’s strategic plans and objectives.
- Builds support to influence decisions in order to ensure work toward common objectives.
- Manage client expectations from initial problem identification and through the project lifecycle.
- Develop and gain sponsor approval and signoff of the project charter / scope and / or work breakdown schedule.
- Engage and organize the assignment of activities of multi-functional teams, as well as the project estimates, task dependencies and schedule.
- Builds and manages multiple, multi-functional collaborative project and/or work teams.
- Delivers appropriate integration, training and implementation plans and activities.
- Manages stakeholders and multiple project teams in the context of a single project.
- Develops root cause analyses and process improvement plans.
- Maintains all project artifacts.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, project management, healthcare admin or clinical field Or equivalent educ/experience.
- 7 years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations leading large, diverse and complex projects.
- 7 years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations expertise and application of Project Management methodology based on project management principles.
- 7 years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations incorporating process improvement methodologies into large scale projects.
- 7 years Project management experience in healthcare, information services, or other relevant industry or operations facilitating complex decision making among multiple executive stakeholders with different interests and priorities.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to elicit, analyst and communicate business requirements from multiple customers across disparate functions
- Understanding of local integrated delivery systems of a large, multi-site health system
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Effectively managers to project deadlines and escalates issues as appropriate
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Epic & clinical applications knowledge or experience
- Experience with large complex projects
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, project management, healthcare admin or clinical field
- Project Management Professional designation (PMI) certification