At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Project Investigator/Project Manager, we'll count on you to:
• To support its growing CRM program in Texas
• HDR is seeking a qualified archeology Principal Investigator for a career level position.
• Principal Investigators / Project Managers are responsible for managing archaeological surveys and site documentation, including feature and artifact identification and analyses; performing shovel test pits (STPs); site descriptions; photographs; and mapping.
• Project Managers must possess the technical knowledge to supervise archaeological field technicians and crew chiefs in field and office settings.
• In addition, Project Managers must be able to manage the production of professional quality reports for NRHP and NEPA compliance.
• Perform other duties as needed
• Master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field
• Minimum 5 years' experience managing junior staff in all aspects of field and office work.
• Experience identifying and recording prehistoric resources.
• Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, ho and cold temperatures).
• Must have good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn and execute new tasks.
• Applicants will be required to submit both a writing sample and verifiable references.
• Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must