Do you influence and consult with executive-level leaders on impactful business objectives? Do you enjoy managing complex cross-channel communications initiatives? Do you like collaborating with dedicated, diverse and innovative colleagues?? As a Principal Internal Communications Consultant, you’ll create and share compelling messaging that helps our global teams connect with our business, culture and strategy. We’re looking for someone with excellent written communication skills in a variety of channels; experience partnering with all levels of leaders and a consultative and positive approach.
- Partner with business on communications initiatives to increase employee engagement and overall company performance.
- Develop and execute complex communication projects taking a consultative and influential approach.
- Bring innovative ideas to create or enhance internal communication channels and processes that take the team to the next level.
- Create and execute memorable, engaging cross-channel change and communications plans that drive awareness of key initiatives and inspire employees to take action. Channels include email, video, social, infographic, presentations, blog, intranet, team/leadership meetings, etc.
- Advise and provide communications support to senior leaders.
- Review and edit communications to ensure a consistent, high-quality product that follows the C.H. Robinson writing and brand style guide.
- Support large-scale internal events such as global leadership meetings or other live events.
- Manage internal crisis and time-sensitive communications with tact, confidence and a sense of urgency.
- Partner and ensure alignment with external communications colleagues.
- Manage relationships with internal and external partners (HR, Marketing, Legal, IT, Project Management, translation and design services, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 7 years’ professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ in an internal communications position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and can perform basic tasks in Adobe Creative Suite or similar programs
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Excellent writing and listening skills and can pinpoint what compels an audience.
- Strong copywriting and sharp, error-free editing skills.
- A keen eye for good design and layout, and possesses design skill in the production of visuals, including slides, posters, video and digital media.
- Excellent consultative skills and ability to communicate effectively across varied stakeholders, including senior organizational leaders.
- Trusted strategic advisor, influencer and partner who develops collaborative strategic relationships, at all levels, throughout the organization.
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment.
- Aware of the latest trends and always thinking about ways to innovate.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.