About the Role:
The Central Technology Team within Arm develops key technologies which will form the foundation of future products. You will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated Systems team in Central Technology to help craft the direction of our world leading products. You will need to have architecture and hardware/software development skills, in addition to being able to think creatively. In this role you can expect to be a technology leader where your ideas will make a difference and enable you to make your mark delivering industry leading IP.
Your job responsibilities will be diverse and may include architecture, technology research, hands-on prototyping and experimental investigations, engaging with product groups, working closely with engineering teams, and taking part in partner and customer engagements. The role is likely to have a particular focus on interconnect and automated integration technologies.
Together with our world-leading architects you will:
- Design and develop systems architecture for the latest technologies for products in new and existing markets.
- Perform high level performance modelling and analysis of hardware features, applications, benchmarks and games.
- Develop and improve tools for architectural exploration and performance analysis.
- Understand and analyze system level architectural trade-offs (including hardware, memory systems and system software).
- Collaborate with the Arm engineering team to see your ideas delivered into products.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- BSEE or BSCS required
- MS/PhD in EE or CS preferred
- Minimum 10 years of SoC design and network on a chip
- Deep experience and background in Computer Science and Systems architecture
- Extensive experience in SoC design, and the challenges involved in integrating IP and analyzing system-level performance and behavior
- Ability to quantify and make trade-offs between power, performance and area appropriately to meet the requirements of the product
- Knowledge of interconnect and network-on-chip technology principles
- Strong programming ability: C, C++, scripting
- A strong history of thinking creatively and communicating effectively in a global team environment, with a practical, organized and analytical approach to work
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivated and results focused
Desired behaviors for this role:
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is critical, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly