Red Hat's User Experience Design team is looking for a Principal Interaction Designer to join us. In this role, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team of designers, developers, and product managers, among others. The team will look to you to match the needs of users with the complexities of a growing and interconnected portfolio of our offerings. Using feedback directly from customers and stakeholders, you'll identify usability problems and deliver excellent user experience. As a Principal Interaction Designer, you should have prior experience with complex enterprise applications and be able to advocate for high-quality user experience throughout the process and across multiple projects. You should also like to collaborate across teams, feel comfortable explaining your ideas and process to other people, know when and how to use data to inform design decisions, be able to adapt to changing situations, needs, or requirements, and enjoy mentoring other members of the team by sharing effective processes, tools, methods, and ways of problem-solving. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.Primary job responsibilities
- Consider an end-to-end user experience that spans multi-product onboarding, usage, and support
- Build solid relationships with project stakeholders that help them define project deliverables
- Identify common pitfalls in the user-centered design process and steer teams through the process in an effective manner
- Perform or participate in the planning of user research to inform or validate design decisions
- Understand and communicate information architecture, workflows, and processes surrounding user experience
- Create mockups, wireframes, etc., and build relationships with developers to support successful development
- Identify usability issues and make solid recommendations for improvement
- Actively participate in PatternFly, our community-built design system, as both a user and contributor
- Make time for fellow designers to provide feedback, coaching, and mentorship
- Bachelor's degree or higher in interaction design, visual design, human computer interaction, human factors, computer science, or a closely related area
- 7+ years of experience with designing user experience for applications
- Proven record of leadership and delivering high-quality results on schedule
- Ability to adjust leadership style to a variety of situations; inspire, encourage, and challenge others
- Adaptable to changing conditions and unexpected obstacles, modifying work methods in response to new information to accomplish organizational goals
- Experience with agile development; experience with open source projects is a plus
#LI-REMOTEAbout Red Hat
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.