TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG)
is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have the most reliable, nimble, and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place.
As part of TSG
, our Production Services
team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services
team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Their mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learner with a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company's top priorities, this is the place for you.The Role
The Duty Manager (and assigned team based on respective shift) will provide indirect management oversight and direct services for 27 Operational teams supporting our global infrastructure in the areas of Operations, Storage, Database and Information Security to ensure operational stability. Each Operational team monitors all significant incident, problem or change activities. The team managers and service owners within the Operational teams and Duty Management team each have a dotted line reporting structure into each other across the BNY Mellon Global Corporation.
There are four phases of responsibility for the Duty Manager:
Incident Phase - the Duty Manager monitors all events facilitated by the major incident management team takes place. The Duty Manager will provide guidance on escalation, priority and if necessary, prioritization of multiple incidents and will engage the group or service owner as necessary.
Change Management phase - the Duty Manager will monitor all changes that have been marked significant and confirm they are progressing as expected and completed efficiently.
Changes - the Duty Manager will participate in the decisions to move forward or delay action.
Problem Management - the Duty Manager will provide recommendations for the process to mitigate any future risks. Key Responsibilities:
� Responsible for the daily processes executed by each of the Operational production support organizations.
� Acting as primary point of contact for all incident escalations, across TSG and key business operations areas.
� Monitoring P1/P2 incidents for engagement, impact assessment, progress and escalation.
� Monitoring scheduled changes to ensure unexpected developments are properly addressed, high risk change status is updated in a timely fashion and change/incident correlation is performed.
� Leading operations status calls at beginning and end of day.
� Providing decisions with subject matter expert input across all disciplines.
Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas to focus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal to ensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals. Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Participates in software strategic planning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Tracks installations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are being met. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertise in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsible for budget activity. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Eight or more (8+) years of experience managing a technical infrastructure operations team in a large scale financial services organization (banking brokerage industry experience is preferred).
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following infrastructure disciplines is required: Windows, UNIX, Network, Middleware, etc.
- Accreditation in ITIL Foundations and/or Kepner Trego Problem Management (or comparable).
- Technical incident management (including crisis management) experience including driving large scale priority escalations.
- Ability to discern and react to incidents with a sense of urgency and ability to manage time sensitive situations.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with a strong professional presence and ability to assimilate technical information and then communicate to key Senior Managers in a non-technical manner.
- Advanced decision making and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong collaboration skills in a team environment.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Production Services-HR17024 Requisition Number: