Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
The incident manager is responsible for command and control of significant incidents, ensuring that restoration of service is achieved as quickly as possible, while providing updates to stakeholders and executive leaders.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process
- Drive a reduction in MTTR by:
- Identifying all incidents
- Matching incidents against incidents with workarounds in place
- Resolving incidents as quickly as possible
- Prioritizing incidents in terms of impact and urgency
- Escalating incidents to other teams as necessary to ensure timely resolution
- Monitor the performance of incident managementprocesses and seek to continuously improve the process
- Facilitate post mortem meetings and ensure that action items regarding Incident Management are effectively carried out
- Participate in regularly scheduled Disaster Recovery testing
- Attend infrastructure and/or application turnover sessions to maintain an end to end understanding for incident resolution
- Facilitate management teleconference bridges to determine business impact and decisions regarding next steps and provide regular incident notifications to impacted lines of business and IT Mgmt.
- Understand regulatory impacts and reporting based on regulation requirements
- Perform analysis of IT incidents in order to proactively prevent the occurrence of further incidents and problems
- Lead and manage technical resources across IT teams to find and resolve IT incidents
- Contribute to the development and revision of relevant policies, frameworks and processes
- Communicate and manage expectations during incident resolution and act as a point of escalation
- Ensure effective communication to work collaboratively with relevant parts of the business, and ensure knowledge and best practices are shared to optimize performance
- Ensure that major incidents and planned/proactive tasks are correctly prioritized and delivered in accordance with those priorities
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent.
- Experience working in a service provider or technology support environment
- Experience communicating with stakeholders using appropriate language suitable for the technical understanding of the audience
- Experience with ITIL process ownership and design
- An ability to act quickly, pragmatically and assertively under pressure to prioritize and resolve technical issues.
- Familiarity and empathy with the needs of support teams including an awareness of pressures and deadlines.
- Self-motivated to initiate, originate action and be responsible for consequent decisions.
- To communicate clearly with a range of people at various levels of the organization and explain and discuss technical issues using a range of styles, tools and techniques. To work in a manner in keeping with company values.
Req ID: 47146