$150K — $200K *
Who We Are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank's executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurityrisk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation.
What You'll Be Doing:
The Threat Detection Team at BNY Mellon develops and maintains the signals, tools, and infrastructurerequired to perform deep analysis of threats on our corporate N- cloud environment. This role will be responsible for engineering threat detection and constantly evolving techniques to detect sophisticated attacks in Hybrid cloud environment. As part of this team, you will be building advanced and novel detection mechanisms for attacker techniques tactics and procedures, developing systems to automate remediation, conducting threat hunting, and performing network and systems forensics, as well as malware and indicator analysis.
The successful candidate will be part of a high-performance Cyber Security Analytics team within the Information Security Division of BNY Mellon. The Cyber Security Analytics team is responsible for providing threat detection, analytics and visualization to the Information Security and other functional groups within BNY Mellon with goal of detecting and preventing adversarial attacks.
- Responsible for identifying Threat Detection Use cases focused on external threats and implementing the techniques to surface these threat alerts
- Collaborate with security operations teams such as SOC, Incident Response, Adversary Hunt to prioritize content development and ensure adoption of detection content
- Build analytics and complex correlation searches using Splunk Enterprise Security that can be applied to the discovery and tracking of advanced adversaries
- Look for innovation and creativity in technology design with focus on cloud-based infrastructure and applications
- Deliver quality code within controlled environments using formal release management and continuous integration structures
- Keep up to date with current trends, APTs and actor tactics, and vulnerabilities in the cloud security space
- Demonstrates knowledge of enterprise services and security domain
- Adapt to a large and diverse program portfolio across multiple locations with a range of integration and analytics technologies
- Consults on a senior level and provides professional support for major components of the company's information securityinfrastructure
- Contributes to the development and implementation of securityarchitecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments
- Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies
- Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation
- Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations
- Defines, implements, and applies area-wide security and/or COB policies and standards by leveraging in-depth knowledge of globally accepted information security and/or COB principles
- Addresses high risksecurity concerns or incidents
- Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives
Who We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experiencerequired, advanced degreepreferred
- 10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experiencerequired
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Solid understanding of MITRE ATT&CK, NIST, Lockheed Martin CKC and/or similar threat frameworks is a must.
- Solid foundation in Operating systems concepts (*nix, Windows), and networking concepts (proxies, firewalls, NAC, etc), endpoint detection response/EDR (Tanium, Crowdstrike Falcon, Okta, Microsoft Azure Sentinel, GCP Security etc), anti-virus/malware detection tools (SEP), privilege access management tools, threat intelligence platform (Anomali Threatstream, ThreatConnect etc), Network Detection Response tools (IronNet, DarkTrace, Awake etc) is required.
- Experience with cloud architecture patterns, cloud deployments, defining and implementing security requirements in public cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS), multi-cloud, hybrid-cloud.
- Intermediate to Expert programming/scriptingexperience in at least two of the following shell, sed/awk, PERL, python, java, powershell.
- Intermediate to Expert level of proficiency in Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) to analyze and create correlation rules for threat detection
- Ability to create SPLs that are optimized to search terabytes of data across multiple indexes
- Expertise in using Splunk Common Information Model (CIM) for threat detection
- Experience using SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation & Response) products such as Phantom, Demisto preferred.
- Familiarity with UEBA(User Entity Behavior Analytics) products such as Exabeam, Securonix preferred.
- Familiarity with attack simulation tools (Verodin, attackIQ, Safebreach etc) is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in out of the box thinking and implementation of innovative threat detection techniques using Splunk and/or other platforms
- Experience in working with cross functional teams to collaborate and socialize threat detection techniques and results
- Comfortable working with geographically dispersed team
- Comfortable with a range of project and software development methodologies - experience with agilescrum preferable
- Ability to problem solve and performance tune in a high paced development environment
- Prior working experience with GCP, AWS and Microsoft Azure is a must.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GREM, GIAC, SANS, CEH preferred
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 96131
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 2100554
Valid through: 4/12/2021