Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development. Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team Who we want-
What you will do-
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Lead projects that deliver cost effective improvements integral to the site's strategic growth plan
- Analyze and implement lean process improvements to reduce cost and improve efficiencies in partnership with the plant business units
- Perform time studies, line balancing and ergonomic analysis for the establishment of standards and manufacturing process optimization
- AutoCAD maintenance of current product processes and equipment layouts
- AutoCAD coordination & integration of new and updated plant layouts
- Support and advance the continuous improvement culture, principles and practices across the plant and work with the business units to create and drive the Manufacturing Excellence vision for the plant
- Lead continuous improvement projects and process improvements using problem-solving root cause analysis, workflow time studies, and line balancing methods
Engineering standards & capacity planning:
- Establishment of standard times and work elements through workflow analysis and measurement
- Preparation and presentation of engineering standard data in line with corporate guidelines
Spatial planning & optimization:
What you need-
- Work with Process Development, Production, Facilities and Manufacturing Engineering teams to lead facility/line layout design, material flow and implementation projects
- Review requests for changes to facility layouts and propose options for review/ approval
- Ensure that plant layout drawings are correct and up to date at all times and that "free space" is created strategically to allow for improved flow and/or provision for new/additional production lines to support increased volume & new product introduction
- Optimize existing space utilization and provide input into the site spatial strategy
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or industrial engineering technologies required
- 8+ years relevant industrial engineering experience required
- 5+ years continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing environment required, preferably automotive or medical device
- Demonstrated experience in design, development and coordination of full plant layouts, integration of multiple product lines, product processes, and material flow required
- Experience in elemental time study process, human error detection, ergonomics, and line balancing required
- Experience in integration and implementation of lean manufacturing principles required
- AutoCAD experience required
- 6 Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification -preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills: SPC, PDCA, DMAIC -preferred
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities. Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/