Waters Corporation is currently leading a search for a Principal Indirect Commodity Manager to join our purchasing organization. In this role, the individual will be a key member of the Indirect Spend Commodity Management Team and will be directly responsible for managing supplier relationships, supplier selection, negotiations and contractterms & conditions. The primary responsibility of this role is to purchase services and goods related to various indirect commodities that support the following business stakeholders organizations with a high focus in IT (hardware, software and consulting services), RD&E (equipment and services), and other indirect organizations such as Operations, Facilities, HR, Corporate Real Estate Leasing and Marketing.
- Manage supplier relationships, supplier selection, negotiations and contract terms & conditions.
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain the most favorable price, contract terms & conditions, payment terms and delivery, while driving to meet and/or exceed the quality of service and/or goods requested by the business owner. Detailed in depth knowledge related to indirect spend categories will be required.
- Development of RFQ's to lead and manage supplier selection and contract spend. The ability to analyze past and present spend data, manage projects, meet timelines, and work with cross functional teams throughout various organizations.
- Negotiate and implement cost reduction and supplier consolidation strategies for both our operating expenses and capital improvement projects.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 7+ years Indirect Commodity Management experience within related spends categories like IT (hardware, software and consulting services), RD&E (equipment and services), and other indirect organizations such as Operations, Facilities, HR, Coporate Real Estate Leasing and Marketing
- ERP system - SAP is a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and legal contract terms & conditions skills are a must have
- Ability to lead and influence change within cross functional teams
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive policy, process and change across various organizations