The design team develops custom automotive centric ICs using ARM Cortex-M based microcontrollers and integrate Analog and mixed signal, RF and Power Management IPs bringing a complete solution to our international customer base. The engineer in this position will join and technically lead a small team of highly competent IC designers that are creating brand new design in the field of wireless and USB power delivery, sensing systems and connectivity within the car.
· Take ownership of the full IC development as chip lead and be responsible for all the technical aspects of the design working within a core project team. Assign technical tasks to project and ensure efficient execution.
· Mindset to interpret and challenge high level customer requirements, and derive a performing and cost optimized product along with supporting documentation.
· Help improve the design quality, flow, processes for first time design success and high yield manufacturability (DFM). Willingness to lead some task force to improve design flow.
· Participate into defining various documentation including product specification, test plan for DVT, ATE, etc. Focus on reuse approach to ease future designs.
· Must love working within a small entity where everyone makes a difference to the company success.
· Report to Management status, risk and progress.
· Close collaboration with other design team members including system, application, software, lab and ATE test engineers. Interact with end customer to provide IC expertise.
· Manage junior staff member work and lead technical decisions.
· Test, characterize, and de-bug designs in the lab as necessary.
· MS degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of experience designing custom ICs.
· Demonstrated knowledge of BCD (Bipolar, CMOS, DMOS) silicon process technologies involving high voltage and Automotive ISO specifications.
· Knowledge and experience designing power related circuits such as switch mode power supplies, battery chargers, LDOs as well as USB and other high-speed transceivers a plus.
· Demonstrated knowledge of transistor-level analog circuit simulation tools and front end environments with extensive experience with Cadence Virtuoso.
· Demonstrated knowledge of implementation of mixed-signal IC design and layout.
· Knowledge to derive pre-silicon verification test plans and target spec for IP owners.
· Demonstrated ability to characterize and troubleshoot IC designs in the lab.
· Outstanding communication and leadership skills
Job Locations: Aliso Viejo (California), Dresden (Germany), Edinburgh (UK, Scotland)
Valid through: 6/9/2021