The Principal, Human Resources will serve as a business partner for assigned line(s) of business (LOB). The role serves as a consultant to the LOB leadership team on talent strategies, workforce initiatives and the application of human resource programs and policies. This position is responsible for serving as a subject matter expert on human resources operations to include HR policies and procedures, the full life cycle of talent, employee relations, employee communications and broader workforce retention and development. The HR Principal will be required to demonstrate strong consultation skills, peer leadership, ability to lead by influence and strong business/ financial acumen to drive the use of progressive HR solutions that will align delivery of HR programs/ services with business objectives and priorities.
- Provide high quality Human Resource support to assigned LOB to drive people programs and initiatives to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Execute HR initiatives in the areas of talent management, performance management, employee relations, workforce engagement, employee retention and talent development to support the achievement of business outcomes.
- Liaise with functional HR partners to meet defined deliverables in the areas of talent acquisition, performance management and talent development to enable an effective delivery of HR services and support.
- Proactively analyze talent opportunities, identify talent needs and formulate achievable action plans. Advise leadership on risk, balancing legal considerations with business requirements.
- Engage in the facilitation of reorganization efforts, change management and/or cultural alignment activities to optimize business performance. Execute staffing plans, workforce acquisition, resource transfers and/or reduction in force as needed.
- Coach and counsel LOB leadership on pay and performance related strategies. Ensure equitable and fair administration. Partner with Compensation to ensure ongoing and timely review of pay related data.
- Proactively identify opportunities with recommendations to increase performance, reduce cost, and positively impact metrics through analytical approaches, to include the tracking of key data and analyzing trends (internal mobility, employee engagement, employee retention, etc . . . .).
- Lead and/or participate on HR related projects to include the revision, development and implementation of HR policies and programs at an enterprise level.
- Develop domain knowledge of Caliber's businesses to include an understanding of short-term goals and long-term strategies for the organization.
- Maintain broad influence through ongoing development of relationships across the organization.
- Ensure compliance with Caliber policies, processes and practices.
- Maintain a current knowledge of federal, state and local employment practices and labor laws. Role model Caliber ethical standards, professionalism and code of conduct.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior or related field. MBA or Master's degree in Human Resources preferred.
- 5+ years' directly related work experience in Human Resources, working in a business partner capacity providing direct consultation and support to business leaders.
- Direct experience supporting diverse business operations; mortgage/ financial services industry experience preferred.
- Prior experience leading in a matrixed environment.
- Professional HR Certification (PHR/SPHR) preferred.
Capabilities & Attributes
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with proven ability to foster an environment of positive employee engagement and trust.
- Effective peer leadership abilities; ability to lead by influence vs. direct authority.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish credibility, coupled with the ability to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Client focused with strong execution skills and a results orientation; able to link to business challenges and objectives with tactical execution and results.
- Strong change management skills; successful experience with organization change implementations and associated deliverables.
- High learning agility with the ability to learn and integrate multiple business variables, make connections and identify/implement successful talent solutions.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills; consultative and collaborative work style.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships across the organization to drive required results.
- Strong analytical skills; mental agility; solid decision making abilities coupled with sound judgment.
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; ability to prioritize, organize time and resources to deliver consistent results for the business and bring initiatives to successful completion.
- Self-directed; comfortable working with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- High degree of professional maturity, integrity, ability to maintain confidential data and information.
- Strong project management skills with experience leading initiatives across a distributed organization structure.
- High degree of business acumen; strong fiscal and technical aptitude. Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Role requires general understanding of systems and their application to advance the efficiency of operation.