BL Companies is seeking a full time Principal Highway Engineer for its CT office locations. The candidate will work alongside the Transportation Department Director and Project Managers to ensure technical quality of work and serve as a resource for critical project design decisions for the group.
This individual will support the Connecticut offices as well as our Massachusetts and Rhode Island offices. Travel to other offices may be required on occasion.
- Oversee all technical aspects of highway and roadway design in accordance with AASHTO and respective DOT and municipal requirements.
- Act as a resource to other members of the team, staff to senior level engineers and other disciplines.
- Attend client meetings and presentations.
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals.
- Work closely with company leadership and senior personnel in the transportation group to expand the company’s footprint in the region.
- Maintain project quality and design standards for complex projects.
Experience and Skills:
- CT PE license required, Massachusetts & Rhode Island Licenses preferred.
- 15 + years’ experience in the field of highway and roadway design on basic to complex DOT, municipal and other state agency infrastructure projects.
- Hydrology / hydraulic design, Stormwater Management and Drainage design experiencepreferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering required
- Effective communication skills.
- Approachable with willingness to develop younger engineers.
Job Tracking ID: 512841-654890