ERM is seeking a Principal Health & Safety Business Consultant, with consulting experience and private-sector client relationships, to play a key role in growing our business in the Health and Safety service line. The ideal candidate will bring H&S technical capability and deep understanding of business processes to help our clients proactively address their EHS risks and challenges.
As a senior leader, you will be responsible for successfully selling and consulting on a range of health and safety management projects to build a sustainable business locally, while networking with ERM's global technical team to share best practices across the industry. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career with a global Sustainability leader, and work with a team of outstanding professionals in over 40 countries around the world.
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver performance results to expand ERM's Health and Safety services and client base in the Technology Sector. Serve as a key member of the “core” technical team to drive double-digit profitable growth across the H&S service line.
- As a senior “seller/doer,” contribute to expanding ERM’s H&S services annually. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Develop and manage innovative, behavior and performance outcome-focused approaches and programs for a variety of clients with complex technical/regulatory issues. Design and direct corporate H&S strategies and programs in areas such as industrial hygiene, behavior-based safety, safety culture and leadership, serious injury and fatality risk reduction, compliance auditing, EHS management systems, process safety and risk management, construction safety, high-impact training, and general compliance support. Achieve client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Lead, manage performance, hire and retain, inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of technical team.
- Develop a working understanding of ERM’s other consulting technical areas and actively support cross-selling these services to existing clients. Support the general growth and development of ERM’s international Health and Safety service area. Coordinate with ERM offices in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Europe regions.
- 15+ years relevant experience in working with organizations on safety and risk management, leadership/culture, and/or sustainable EHS compliance programs. Be passionate about EHS performance improvement and have substantial experience developing and delivering world-class EHS program solutions.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful business growth strategies, including demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients, and book personal sales in new consulting services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- BS/MS degree preferred. Certification in field; CSP, CIH, PE, or similar registration highly desirable.