Principal Hardware Engineer - Enterprise SSD
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Req ID: JR-0000039869Apply for this Job
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 3D NAND Memory Characterization of & lead FA efforts with cross-functional teams
- System/component level testing & validation on test platforms including drive-level testing
- System Design & Memory feature development for enterprise SSD products
- Hardware bring-up for test systems
- Conduct platforms evaluation, evaluate alternate solutions and generate comprehensive report with bold and justified conclusion
· BS in Electrical or Computer engineering (with MS preferred)
· 5+ years of related experience in one or more of the following areas: 3D NAND device/design, SSD testing, NAND/SSD Failure Analysis
· Good software skills for data extraction, processing and analysis
· Self-motivated and able to work well with people in the team
· Excellent written, verbal and communication & interpersonal skills
· Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.