As Azure rapidly expands to support an ever-growing portfolio of mission critical services for our customers, ensuring smooth rollout globally becomes critical to our success. The Azure Global team is looking for a strong, motivated, independent, and energetic program manager to drive complex project requirements, cross-team communication, and execution accountability across both technology and business projects within the Azure Global business portfolio to bring our vision to fruition, ensuring service parity across clouds.
- Manage the end to end engineering relationship to establish a shared strategic framework, technical vision, plans, roadmap and feedback efforts to drive service fundamentals, service availability and overall platform readiness
- Develop scalable and strategic work plans that remove technical and/or operational blockers that are uncovered from root cause analysis
- Actively participate across the C+AI engineering teams in advanced security concepts that support regulatory compliance and data protection
- Develop and manage the technical engagement, orchestration model and overall success indicators in partnership with C+AI Engineering teams
- Listen and understand external and internal customer requirements, and translate them into viable technical roadmaps, programs, and execution plans, and communicate up through executive level.
- Engage with CVPs and EVP to ensure executive sponsorship and manage escalations – High Impact and Company Wide visibility
- Share strategy, customer insights, technical collateral, and presentations with the ability to adapt for various levels of stakeholders. Internal stakeholders include executive leadership from C+AI and E+D.
- 10+ years of experience years in professional software development or Product management and/or Program Management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Advanced Sciences.
- Experience as a key contributor to designing, shipping, and operating large-scale, public cloud services.
- Experience in technical concepts in cloud computing environments such as logical access control, agile development process, secure coding principles, security architecture, information security, network security, and privacy.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with optimization with a track record of successful solution delivery (e.g. implementing a solution that drives results). Strong x-cross team skills.
- Strong, demonstrated technical problem solving and communication skills; an ability to define common requirements across a wide range of diverse customers; and a passion for simplicity in design that drives scalability.
- Demonstrated customer focus and end-to-end thinking across teams and experiences.
- Critical thinking skills, with the ability to break down ambiguous problems.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Candidates must have an active US Government TS/SCI security clearance and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph), or have an active TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
Experience Strongly Desired:
- 10+ years in program management experience spanning network, server, infrastructure tooling, and/or compliance preferred.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.