Principal Graphics Architect
Do you want to craft the future of mobile GPU technology? Can you develop and foster new ideas from inception through production and deployment?
We are looking for an expert software architect to join our media software technology team. This team is responsible for the software architecture across Arm's Graphics and Multimedia IP, including GPU, video, camera, and display.
This is a role that requires a rare combination of deeply technical skills, creativity, and the ability to efficiently communicate across the organisation. Daily activities include leading Arm’s Khronos activities, driving requirements on our products, coming up with and prototyping new technology, and defining the technical direction for use-cases such as mobile gaming, VR, AR, and whatever comes next.
To develop the best technical solution, you will work closely with people from both the engineering and commercial parts of the organisation, as well as external partners. You will enjoy communicating with and educating all members of the wider team, and have a real passion and interest in your work.
What will you be accountable for?
- Understanding the impact of new use-cases and standards on our graphics, video, and display products
- Engaging with external partners to understand their needs and how we can help address them
- Evaluating new ideas for our products, including hands-on prototyping
- Defining and driving Arm proposals for new API features
- Provide recommendations into hardware and software roadmaps
The team is located across Cambridge (UK), Trondheim (Norway), and San Jose (US). Working within a multi-site team you would be expected to travel to other sites on occasions.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
Education and Qualifications
- You should have a good university degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science, although other disciplines will be considered with meaningful experience.
Essential skills and experience
- You are passionate about technology and are able to clearly communicate your ideas
- You can work both independently and as part of a team
- You have experience with Khronos graphics APIs (OpenGL ES, Vulkan)
- You are familiar with the Android Graphics architecture
- You have a deep understanding of GPU, video, camera, or display hardware architectures
- You have wide knowledge of multimedia use-cases (gaming, VR, video, etc.)
- Experience of C++
- Experience in GPU driver development
- Experience with other graphics APIs (DirectX, Metal, etc.)
- Experience with compute APIs (OpenCL, etc.)