Principal FPGA / Hardware Engineer, Product Development, Sports Medicine
The Principal FPGA / Hardware Engineer will be part of an R&D team responsible for the design and development of current and new products. He/she will work with design engineers, surgeons, manufacturing, regulatory affairs, product directors, and other team members to develop product requirements and concepts on new and existing electro-mechanical devices. This individual will complete necessary documentation to support design/development changes.
He/she will lead the technical aspects of the engineering effort for electrical and electronic components, keeping Design for Value as an important consideration. Candidates will be responsible for prototyping, troubleshooting, failure analysis, verification/validation testing and generation of protocols as well as documenting test reports.
The engineer will participate in design reviews, presenting results of formal analysis, generating project progress reports, and investigation summaries. In addition, the engineer will be responsible for planning assigned tasks. He/She will know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant FPGA/VHDL experience is required.
- Detailed knowledge of digital design from initial concept, simulation, schematic capture, layout management and through commercial deployment is required.
- Medical device design experience and familiarity with standards such as IEC 62304 highly desirable.
- Experience with Altera FPGAs, tools, and NIOS softcore highly desirable.
- Experience with the following IP highly desirable: DDR2/DDR3 Memory, SerDes, UART, I2C, SPI, PCIe, video drivers.
- Experience with C programming highly desirable.
- Experience with Verilog is desirable.
- Understanding of digital signal processing with an emphasis in image signal processing pipelines is desirable.
- Experience working with Altera Quartus or Xilinx ISE or equivalent design software, Analog or Digital simulation, C/C++, Hardware driver development is desired
- Understanding of image signal processing, processing blocks, Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs), User Interfax (UX) design, On-Screen Display (OSD) is desirable
- The ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to upper management, other individuals, customers and/ or teams across the organization is required.
- Experience in medical device process design and development is preferred.
- Willing to work in medical environments such as cadaver labs and Operating Rooms is required.
Requisition ID: 0541180208