Principal Firmware Engineer
Reporting to the manager of the SSD Firmware Engineering team, as an SSD Firmware Principal Engineer for Toshiba America Inc., you will lead a team of engineers responsible for the design and development of NVMe firmware for use in enterprise NVMe SSD products. You will also be responsible for the implementation of the development and quality assurance processes to make sure that the product provides the required functionality, usability, quality/reliability, performance, and supportability and meets or exceeds the design and customer targets.
- Candidate will participate in the process of defining the overall enterprise NVMe SSD controller architecture.
- Candidate will lead the team that is responsible for the development of the hardware layer of the NVMe frontend firmware.
- Candidate will lead the team that is responsible for the development of reference firmware for FPGA systems. The reference firmware will be used to demonstrate the proof of concept as well as AISC & FPGA validation.
- Candidate will also be responsible for enhancement and modifications of various NVMe host drivers across various operating systems like Linux.
- Candidate will work closely with the firmware teams in Japan & India.
- 12+ years of strong hands-on experience in firmware and software products including design, development, hardware validation and debugging
- 4+ years of experience of PCIe/NVMe SSD firmware development
- Experience of SAS/SATA drive firmware development
- Experience working with Linux kernel and driver development and Windows device driver development
- Familiarity with storage technologies, NAND management & Caching software
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar degree
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Req # 1666