Senior Firmware Designers are responsible for the architecture and implementation of advanced Electronic Warfare algorithms in high-performance FPGA’s. These algorithms require the ability to take advantage of Xilinx/Altera specific architecture features in order to meet requirements in designs that require high-speed, large footprint FPGA components. Furthermore, these algorithms utilize Multi-Gigabit Interfaces such as PCIe and Gigabit Ethernet requiring the ability to implement and test COTS IP cores running on FPGA specific Transceiver components. Senior Designers are also required to develop simulation and lab functional testing in various software environments requiring familiarity with scripting and COTS test software. Job Requirements for Senior Designers are:
- Candidate will join an engineering organization focused on RF Electronic Warfare systems.
- Candidate will be responsible for applying advanced technical principles and concepts to architect and develop FPGA designs based on high level system requirements.
- Candidate will have the ability to present, explain, and refine architectural approaches in consultation with other product stakeholders.
- Candidate will have the ability to determine and follow the course of action necessary to implement finished products based on the architecture developed.
- Tasks will include development of Firmware Requirements Specifications for FPGA designs, VHDL/Verilog-based RTL and functional design, timing analysis, simulation, and integration of FPGA designs into hardware. Other responsibilities include presentation of architecturetradeoffs, trade studies, design documentation, and mentoring of junior engineers.
- 8+years of professional engineering experience
- Extensive experience in developing optimal FPGAarchitectures based on high level requirements.
- Experience with hardware/firmware/software integration and test using FPGAs and embedded processors
- Proficiency with VHDL/Verilog for configuring FPGAs
- Experience with FPGA and CPLD development tools from Xilinx, Altera, and MicroSemi.
- Proficiency with Questa/Modelsim for functional verification.
- Experience leading a design team.
- Experience working in a system integration environment, verifying requirements and identifying and correcting defects.
- Possess, or able to obtain, Secret security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Familiarity with digital receiver implementation.
- Familiarity with implementation of digital signal processing algorithms.
- Linux scriptingexperience.
- Familiarity with Lab testing tools such as LabView and Matlab
- Experience incorporating third party IP into FPGA designs, including PCIe and high speed Ethernet.
- Familiarity with code coverage tools for evaluating test coverage.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Six Sigma/process improvement experience.
Required Education: Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
Desired Education: Advanced degrees in related fields or technology a plus