As the Premier, High-Growth Extremities and Biologics Company, Wright Medical is currently in search of a Principal Financial Analyst to support and partner with the Sr. Leadership (and their staff) of key Corporate Functions, including our Information Technology team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for complex and interpretive financial analyses, including reporting of financial performance, creation and dissemination of variance explanations, creation of cost analysis, and partnering with project leads to ensure proper capitalization of project expenses. This role is also responsible for the facilitation and completion of the annual budget process, quarterly forecasts, monthly financial tracking of projects, and periodic ad hoc reports/special studies for management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees month-end close process, proving journal entries, accruals, reconciliations, trends, and variances to actual and to forecast.
- Prepares weekly, monthly detailed product/customer/supplierreports to support financial decisions. May make recommendations based on findings.
- Provides critical review and analyses of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts as well as monthly operating results.
- Drives annual budget process.
- Develops ad hoc reports and analysis to drive better decision making.
- Develops and implements dashboards.
- Oversees the completion of projects or assignments including planning assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc.
- Provide strategic planning and profitability reporting in Finance.
- Partners directly with Functional Sr. Leadership and direct staff as key Finance Business Partner
- May have specialized responsibilities for Manufacturing Operations, Sales, International, or Capital Assets.
- May supervise or mentor junior level financial analysts.
- Strong business and financial acumen skills
- Strong attention to detail and quantitative analytical skills
- Ability to operate independently and collaboratively within a team
- Effective planning and organization skills
- Ability to assimilate broad source data into planning models
- Ability to work independently with broad guidance, interpret and exercise professional judgment, and creatively problem solve
- Self-motivated, highly organized, able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to work and/or lead multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify variances and trends
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Ability to write standard reports that clearly communicates findings and methodologies
- Excellent computer skills (especially Excel)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field;
- Master's Degree preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in related field required