The Small Business & Self Employed Group ("SBSEG") is Intuit's largest business unit with ~$3B+ in revenue, serving 6M+ customers with the QuickBooks line of products including accounting, payments, payroll and financing solutions. The US SBSEG Finance team is critical in driving business growth and profitability through strategic, financial and operational leadership.
QuickBooks Online Advanced is the latest product launched by the SBSEG team. This new cloud-based offering is designed for high growth businesses and focuses on serving the specific needs of the mid-market (10-100 employees). For most mid-market businesses, solutions come with more complexity and functionality than they need and are very expensive to implement and customize. QuickBooks Advanced addresses a gap in the market for affordable solutions that meet the unique needs of mid-market businesses. The mid-market is a critical sector of the American economy and an important engine of job creation.
Come join the Finance Team as a Senior Financial Business Partner (Internal title would be Principal Finance Analyst) supporting the new QuickBooks Advanced offering and reporting to the US Online Sr. Manager.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning: Be a trusted advisor to the QuickBooks Advanced leadership team to develop and refine our 1- and 3-year strategic plans, proactively highlighting risk and opportunities related to business growth and drive optimal investment decisions through data-driven insights and business modeling expertise.
- Operational Excellence: Partner with the Marketing and Analytics teams to develop and monitor key performance indicators to drive insights and decision making in order to achieve our strategic and financial plans
- Modeling: Create financial models to analyze complex business scenarios that drive and inform our go-to-market strategy (e.g. promotion, pricing, new sales channel opportunities, product portfolio)
- Financial reporting: Prepare financial reporting deliverables (month-end close package, variance explanation, ...) to enable transparency into the business's performance and drivers. Liaise with the Accounting team and cross-functional business partners to ensure correct accounting treatment of transactional activities.
- Process improvement: Drive efficiencies and continuous improvement by streamlining, standardizing and automating processes and reporting requirements
- Team coaching: Operate in a leader capacity, proactively influencing, leading & coaching within the Finance organization and cross-functional teams
You are a seasoned financial analyst, with strong analytical and modeling skills and a deep SaaS understanding. You also have demonstrable experience of acting as a business partner, supporting and challenging non-finance stakeholders. As this role involves constant interaction with senior non-finance stakeholders across the business, you need the confidence and emotional intelligence to effectively communicate at all levels. The ideal candidate has worked in the high-tech industry and enjoys operating in an extremely fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- 6-8 years in FP&A roles and experience with SaaS/Cloud Computing
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Excel to analyze complex business scenarios by building/improving financial models. Tableau and Hyperion EssBase experience preferred.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to work independently in a fast pace environment, simultaneously manage several priorities, and challenge the status quo to lead change and operational improvements.
- Attention to details and ability to synthesize large volumes of data into insightful recommendations to exec leadership team.
- Ability to influence all levels of leadership to drive actions, behaviors, decisions and business outcomes
- Ability to lead teams to deliver exceptional results and drive business growth
- Grace under pressure with a good sense of humor and dose of humility
- Strong accounting knowledge especially in a software/SaaS environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience in presenting to business partners with confidence, conviction, and credibility
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting. MBA/CPA a plus.