$100K — $150K *
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Field Application Engineering (FAE) teams scout the field (traditional and new customers) seeking new or unique product applications with a specific Safety Systems view. This includes, airbags, seat belt tensioning, braking systems, vehicle stability control, driver monitoring systems, impact detection/avoidance systems, tire pressure sensing, pedestrian protection, and battery disconnect devices.
• Develop a cross-customer and cross-product line perspective
• Deep digging for applications to lead to business development opportunities and technical development.
• Apply technologies and products in different applications with systems solutions capability.
• Seek unique/critical/strategic applications for our products to solve customer gaps
• Understand the customer's strategy and technology roadmap, the competition, and trends and apply this knowledge to bring TE solutions.
• Attend industry conferences and scout technologies and applications to stay current.
• Be a catalyst and inputter in the innovation/technology pipeline road mapping.
• Analysis of customer requirements and leader of customer dialogs for interpretation and achievement of best technical solution.
• Influence solutions and RFQ. Technical linkage between customer location and remote TE sites.
• Working knowledge of applicable technical standards for implementation of new connectivity solutions.
• Develop requirements and communicate with development engineering.
Market Sensing & Strategy Development within Safety Systems
• Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
• Develop product roadmaps that aligns with business strategy
• Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements.
• Identify market product offerings and sponsor into PAC ahead of customer need
• Provide thought leadership and drive the process within Automotive BU of assessing the strategic fit, synergy potential, and key risks to enable the executive team to make well-informed inorganic investment decisions
• Develop new ideas and constructively challenge existing ones, for the organization to refine its “where to play” and “how to win” choices to drive growth, and sustain competitive advantage
• Lead strategy development for opportunities that break new ground and expand total addressable market
Develop Business Plan (Achieve cross-functional alignment to the plan)
• Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
• Drive collaboration with Product Managers, Engineering, and Sales to bring VOC into the business, shaping focus markets, applications, and product requirements.
• Interface between the TE Engineering design team and the customer to ensure that both sides understand the requirements and have all needed information available
• Lead coordination and early involvement of and on-time communication with all involved TE internal departments (account manager, engineering, production, quality, project management, marketing, etc. as fit)
Meet targets on the following KPI’s:
• Gross (or standard) Margin $ and %
• New product applications found
• Customer engagements
• Translation to Engineering TERP
• Build out of technology and product road map
• LEEP projects added
• Bringing business development opportunities
• 4-year technical or business degree required
• Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred
• 7+ years of engineering or program management experience
• Relevant product or industry experience desired
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Valid through: 2/22/2021
$80K — $100K
17 days ago