Northrop Grumman SSSD has an opening for a Principal Facilities Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
In this role you will:
- Plan, design and oversee the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities.
- Gather and review data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
- Coordinate with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
- Prepare bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
- Review and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs. Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
Flexible Schedules: For example, some roles offer the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering Math) with 5 years of project management, construction management, or related facilities experience
- OR 3 years of project management, construction management, or related facilities experience with Master's Degree in STEM
- Experience with design contracts and design reviews
- Experience with construction and commissioning
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Project
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience in developing project statements of work
- Knowledge of facilities project management
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Government Security Clearance
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience with the design and construction of cleanrooms
- Experience with the design and construction of classified facilities
- Experience with fire and security alarms and systems and remote monitoring
- Experience with energy management systems
- Experience with electrical systems and high-voltage electricity/substations
- Experience with reliability engineering
- Construction management experience
- Familiar with Building Automation Systems (BAS).