Responsible for designing, developing & productizing holistic digitalexperiences optimized for efficiency and simplicity of Professional Solutions. He/she drives user-centric, iterative and collaborative design process revolving around rapid prototyping, user research, continuous improvement & deployment. Standardize UI/X across software & hardware products within Professional Solution.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage a global team 3 higly competent, senior software professionals.
- Responsible for designing, developing & productizing holistic digitalexperiences optimized for efficiency and simplicity of Professional Solutions using research-based methods
- Drives user-centric, iterative and collaborative design process revolving around rapid prototyping, user research, continuous improvement & deployment.
- Standardize UI/X across software & hardware products within Professional Solution.
- Design and conduct user research using qualitative and quantitative methods, including iterative usability and concept testing, participatory design, ethnography, contextual inquiry, surveys, and holistic usability studies
- Synthesize user research findings with usage analytics to provide insights to inform design direction
- Serve as a consultant regarding human behavior and understanding throughout the product development lifecycle (ideation>design>build>test>deploy) for multiple projects and programs
- Evangelize our user-centered research and design practice to internal and external stakeholders from designers to executive leadership
- Collaborate with interaction and visual designers to resolve usability and desirability concerns
- Lead co-creation and participatory design sessions to innovate against an ideal user product model
- Research design trends and forecast future experiences
- Team Player - The successful individual will have deep and broad experience leading and managing a team and collaborate with business owners and technology peers. He/She will be able to effectively communicate, motivate, coach and develop technical excellence. Establish credibility throughout the organization and with Corporate Executive Management as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- BachelorDegree in any of the following disciplines: Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, or equivalent
- 10-12years of experience researching complex digital interfaces in web, mobile, or professional solutions (preferred)
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely to peers
- A strong ability to build relations and work independently
- Experience with Scrum in an Agile Development environment and familiarity with relevant tools
- Business Acumen - Business acumen, to gauge not just what can be done but to know what can be profitable, is a key requirement for this role. The ability to manage near-term R&D costs/risks with long-term product commercialization is a critical requirement for this position.
- Communication Skills - While it is required this person to be technically skilled, he/she must also be able to communicate effectively with customers and constituents outside the engineering organization. This person must have the ability to promote and explain technology initiatives to business leaders outside of the technology organization and to external partners and customers.
- Organizational Leadership - This person should have led a significant part of a technology team. He/She must bring strong people leadership experience up to and including senior technologists.
- Strategy - This person must be a strategic technology leader; that is, he/she must combine a solid technical foundation with forward-looking strategic skills to effectively develop a software strategy to enable Harman to capitalize on emerging technologies including emerging technology trends outside of Harman’s core domain.
- Domain Expertise - Understanding of Professional Solutions in the domain of Audio, Video, Lighting & Control will be an added advantage. Knowledge of professional system control technologies is highly desirable.