As a senior manager, you will contribute your leadership, client relationship, and technical consulting skills to support the growth of ERM’s business and client base with our Key and HGHV clients in the Overland Park, Kansas office, while networking with ERM's global Contaminated Site Management technical team and technology experts to share best practices across the industry. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career to the next level with a global environmental leader.
- Manage and provide technical expertise on site investigation and remediation projects for a variety of clients with complex technical/regulatory issues in the industrial, chemical, manufacturing, and transportation sectors.
- Design and negotiate remedial solutions for contaminated soil and ground water, using innovative and emerging remedial treatment technologies as well as traditional systems.
- Oversee multiple projects within client’s scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables across ERM’s Contaminated Site Management service line [e.g., Brownfields redevelopment, site investigation and remediation, sustainable sediments, risk assessment, environmental construction management, site closure and decommissioning].
- Appropriately delegate project assignments to project teams and mentor junior staff.
- Coordinate with ERM offices in the United States on national and international project delivery.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads to support growth of the business.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in engineering, geology, environmental science, or related discipline.
- 10+ years consulting experience working with significant industrial clients on complex site investigation/remediation projects under a variety of state, federal, and local regulations.
- Proven business development experience for large programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and “people” skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the local regulatory climate, with proven negotiation skills with state and local regulators.
- Recognized technical expertise by and established reputation in the local marketplace.