The Principal Enterprise Data Architect will provide senior technical leadership and strategic direction for all corporate data initiatives reporting to the VP of Enterprise Architecture. Responsibilities include partnering with business leaders, data services, business intelligence, and application development teams in building solution data architecture and data governance best practices. This leader will be accountable for architecting complex and scalable data architectures across multiple technologychannels (e. g., SAS, web, mobile, MDM, IOT, enterprise systems, integration systems, etc.) optimized for dynamic consumption capabilities including real time SOA integration, ESB platforms, Information Management Systems, Business Intelligence Platforms, and Data Science.
The candidate will develop a data platform strategies that align with the business and enterprise architecture framework while optimizing the total cost of ownership. He/she will be responsible for the communication and ongoing governance of architectureblueprints, roadmaps, principles, standards, design patterns, and reference architectures to promote consistent solutions and portfolio rationalization. The candidate will lead the development and support the maintenance of conceptual, logical, and physical data models across all transactional, master data, analytics platforms. The candidate is someone with proven technology leadership with ability to get hands on when it comes to analysis, design, and execution while using influence to gain consensus on broad strategic objectives.
He/she will strategically design and implement data lakes, data warehouses, data marts, and data stores, while ensuring high levels of data availability. This individual is also responsible for defining data standards and models for all data enterprise data stores. The Enterprise Data Architect will in addition evaluate and select all infrastructure components such as software, hardware, database management systems, and networking capabilities. The Enterprise Data Architect will work with Data Services staff to insure all standards are followed in establishing and maintaining enterprise data stores.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- In partnership with senior and executive leadership, establishes overall vision and creates a culture that treats data as an asset.
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical models for enterprise analytic applications, integrations, master data, and transactional applications.
- Build architectural support for Oldcastle Materials Master Data Management (MDM) program, define the enterprise data assets and embed the standards into the overall architecture of the company.
- Partner with Data Services team to ensure that data models and data are properly cataloged in our enterprise data dictionary.
- Develop data architecture KPIs to measure the control effectiveness of data architecture controls.
- Work in collaboration with BI and application development to strategize and execute on target data architecture, standardize and manage key dimensions.
- Continuously updatearchitecture for target data warehouse and analytical data stores environment based on evolving technological landscape.
- Identify impact on changes to existing models and their impact on related applications
- Identify opportunities to reuse existing data structures to accelerate development and innovation effort.
- Define standards on best approaches and techniques for transporting data real-time and near real-time.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both business and technology leaders, with a strong understand of business data requirements and technology capabilities.
- Provide strategic direction and oversee the integration of emerging Big Data platforms and tools for advanced analytics including machine learning/data science that drive business value.
- Develop data standards that will ensure consistent, high-quality and repeatable designs.
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for data warehousing in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop databasearchitectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Plan and implement capacity and resource expansion to ensure data store scalability. Define data purge and archive processes/standards to ensure appropriate data maintenenace is performed.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on data products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate, recommend, and select data warehouse components, including hardware, database management systems, ETL (extract, transform, load) software, data mining tools, and meta data management tools.
- Create models for new data warehouse development and/or changes to existing data stores.
- Perform cost estimates for data migration between development, test, and production systems, and plan and coordinate these migrations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to data systems.
- Mentor and/or provide leadership to junior members of the IT team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Computer related field (advanced degreepreferred)
- 10+ years overall experience, 5+ years direct experience in enterprise-level data architecting.
- 10+ years related work experience in data modeling, systems design and development, solution delivery
- Experience with modern data lake, data warehouse, and big data platforms
- Experience with developing standards and design patterns for cloud-based development including implementing cloud-based analytics platforms like Azure.
- Experience with designing & architecting SQL databases like Oracle and SQL w/ hands on backend systems development & data warehouse platform designexperience
- Experience with designing & architecting NOSQL databases like Cosmos or MongoDB etc.
- Experience with ELT tools and processes with a good understanding of pros and cons of the designs
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting multi-terabyte data warehouses.
- Work Requirements
- Travelrequired 10-25%
Job ID: 128406