Hughes has an opportunity for Principal Engineers (ManagedNetwork Solutions).
- Formulate strategy for development of Hughes ManagedNetwork Solutions and Value Added Solutions for wide scale distributed enterprise customers.
- Design, architect, and propose communication networks using Hughes technology platforms and service offerings (Wireline, Wireless, and Satellite).
- Develop and apply value added services to proposals (Managers Services, Security, VoIP, Wi-Fi, and Digital Media).
- Coordinate the pricing and proposal development of assigned offerings, and complete RFP/RFI documents submitted by potential clients, with particular attention to technical and advanced product questions.
- Analyze customer's technical and business needs and requirements and provide consultation to answer technical questions, overcome barriers or architectural and financial hurdles.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of customer presentations, technical proof of concepts/pilot efforts to prototype networkdesign and implementation of Hughes products and managed services for enterprise customers.
- MS in Telecommunications and Computers, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related field and 3 years' experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, or BS in Telecommunications and Computers, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related field plus 6 years' experience.
- Experience must include 3 years in each of the following: 1) Telecommunication Engineering and Marketing Management; 2) Network Systems Analysis and Consulting; 3) Broadband Internet Services; 4) Managed services for large enterprise network customers; 5) Satellite, Networking, and Mobile Communications products and technologies; 6) Communication systems and Advanced wireless networks and protocols; 7) Data and networksecurity; 8) Wide area networking and digital media; and 9) Analytics toolkits. Domestic travelrequired up to 3-4 times per year (30%) for meetings.