Do you have passion for delivering key insights on cost and usage to Azure Customers on top of Big Data and influence Azure customers on how they consume Azure? Do you want to solve challenges that you didn't even know existed until you get to a large scale of data? A desire to help shape the emerging Azure cost management ecosystem with Cloud and Enterprise into a competitive differentiator?
The Azure Cost Management team is chartered with building capabilities that enable Azure and cross cloud customers to analyze, optimize, save and reinvest their Azure usage and spend. This will be a perfect opportunity for you if you have passion to help us achieve our goal of delivering world class experiences to our customers
As the volume of data-and the demand for solutions-grows, we need a strong and experienced leader who can architect and drive skilled engineering team to deliver Big Data systems and manage day to day operations.Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
- As an engineering manager, you have to lead and work with some of the smartest engineers on the latest technologies
- Exhibit Passion in forming and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture where individual and teams can do their best work and unlock their potential in achieving our business goals.
- Plan, build roadmap for long term data strategies, data foundation, data assets to drive longer term needs for the team and partners
- Working with leadership team to enumerate our vision into execution
- Architect, Design, develop and maintain reliable and scalable big data pipelines and Storage solutions at Azure scale supporting sub second query response.
- Own Technical design and delivery of projects with holistic system view.
- Is obsessed about service health and strives for higher standards, guaranteeing high quality and high SLA datasets, that is built on CI/CD framework
- Innovate on technical and functional areas bringing efficiency on engineering rhythm of business.
- 2+ years of people management experience
- 8+ years of programming experience in Java OR C# OR equivalent object-oriented programming
- 2+ years of application development experience using any Big Data technologies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- Experience with Open Source Big Data Stack such as Hadoop, HIVE, SPARK, HBASE etc.
- Experience leading and managing a team of engineers to ship features in cloud.
- Experience building and operating high scale and fault-tolerant data services.
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and distributed systems
- Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD).
- Experience working in a fast-paced/competitive environment, and have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes.
- Gets excited with hard technical problems and solve them with deep passion and empathy for customers.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com