Principal Engineering Consultant
EMA has an excellent opportunity for someone who is excited for a challenge and to help water and wastewater utilities across North America improve their performance. Associates in this position will focus their experience, educational, and technical expertise on providing advanced, practical, and reliable SCADA and Process Control System solutions for clients. Responsibilities include research and application of innovative technical skills that improve design and delivery of instrumentation and control systems hardware and application software, leading the design and delivery of field instrumentation and system hardware, software, and communications systems, application software functional specification development, software development, and implementation, field survey, system startup. More experienced consultants will lead the practice in innovative leading-edge ideas that differentiate EMA from othertechnology firms. These consultants will routinely publish and delivery technology papers.
Provide Technical Leadership to Engineering Projects and EMA
- Lead or direct innovative and/or proven technologies included in instrumentation, PCS, and SCADA system designs and application software development.
- Lead or direct other technical staff on the development of conceptual SCADA, instrumentation, and control system alternative and budgetary capital cost estimates.
- Lead, direct, or work with other technical staff in preparation of optimization and technology assessments, strategic plans, needs assessments, or vision statements of SCADA, instrumentation, and control systems.
- Lead or direct other technical staff in preparation of SCADA, instrumentation, and control system master plans.
- Study and conduct research of technology current practices and trends to provide EMA with a recognized expert in a particular discipline, technology, or business segment.
- Use specialized expertise and communications skills to analyze and assess technology problems and make well-reasoned recommendations to solve those problems.
Provide Project Support to Engineering and OPT Projects
- Technical resource for quality assurance standards and methodology used to deliver projects.
- Technical leadership and direction of the technology implemented in the project.
- Lead or direct the development of capital cost estimates, cost benefit analysis, and implementation plans for assessments and master plans.
- Responsible for analyzing and writing recommendations for specific skill areas.
- Develop and maintain high client confidence in EMA’s technical approach and capabilities.
Support BD Efforts with Existing and New Clients
- Be observant during the course of the project for opportunities to assist the client solve problems outside the scope of work and take the action necessary to offer assistance.
- Provide technical leadership to and work with business development associates in the preparation of proposed project scope of work, work plan, schedule, labor, and expense estimates.
- Assist in strategy development and preparation of technical responses to request for proposal or qualifications.
- Develop technical solutions and strategies for a business segment.
- Prepare and present technology papers to nationally-recognized professional organizations and societies.
- As well as other duties as assigned and needed.
- A successful candidate would have a minimum of seven to ten years of related experience.
- Have a thorough knowledge of business drivers and the processes within water/wastewater industry.
- Practical experience in SCADA as a consultant or in the development field.
- Use business development skills with new and existing clients.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Electrical, Control Systems, or Systems discipline preferred
- P.E. licensure is required.