Zonar isn’t just another job — it’s a career. Zonar’s applications ensure the safety and effectiveness of school buses, freight, and vocational vehicles. Join the team that develops the applications that provide compliance and safety information for tens of thousands of vehicles and drivers, plus their fleet managers and dispatchers. We believe in rewarding outstanding work, developing employees’ careers, and building long-term relationships with our customers. It’s fun, supportive, competitive and a great place to grow your career.
The ideal candidate for this role is a seasoned full stack developer with strong cloud skills. If you love to build robust, performant integrations and you’d like to shape the platform at the core of Zonar’s applications, reach out!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for full end to end solution and integration design.
- Work in a fast-paced Scrum environment with multiple pods of 3-5 developers delivering core integrations for Zonar’s manufacturing partners.
- Design and lead implementation of complete distributed systems to meet all business needs, including service level objectives, scaling and performance requirements, anticipating common failure patterns and designing for resiliency of the overall system.
- Understand and forecast project budgets based on business needs, usage projections and component costs.
- Implement distributed system components to meet service level objectives, provide scalability vs performance tradeoffs of subcomponents, and make design recommendations for the areas you own.
- Deliver software features with exceptional quality, meeting designated release plans and delivery commitments.
- Work closely with other team members in guiding software architecture and technology decisions.
- Mentor, document, and share knowledge, growing the technical capability of the team around you.
- Be the trusted 'drop in' resource that can absorb new business and/or technical concepts quickly and implement POCs to validate business and/or technical hypotheses.
- Participate in the on-call support rotation for services the team owns, while building up Zonar’s runbooks and support infrastructure.
- Clearly and thoroughly document and communicate to team and business partners.
- Follow software engineering best practices in code, architecture, and testing.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years working in software development teams.
- Strong knowledge & experience in Google Cloud Platform
- Demonstrated ability in developing distributed system components
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player as well as an independent performer.
- Aptitude and interest to quickly learn new technologies.
- Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD.
- Being able to work with Product team for future product development.
- Strong knowledge of Java/Kotlin/Python and RESTful API development, databases.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- A passion for delivering and owning robust, scalable services.
- Aptitude and interest to quickly learn new technologies
- A knack for collaborating and sharing knowledge within a self-organizing dev team.
- Ability to navigate ambiguous requirements through communication and iteration, creating clarity for yourself and those around you
- Ability to work well with others, learn on the job, and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Founded in 2001, Zonar has pioneered smart fleet management technology by providing innovative technology that has changed fleet operations in the vocational, pupil and commercial trucking industries. With a unique focus on this field, the Company offers a complete suite of solutions and specialized platforms for our customers in multiple markets. Our patented, award-winning technology keeps fleet owners and managers connected to their fleets and drivers to dispatchers. Zonar has a proven history of continuous innovation on behalf of our customers, providing products that efficiently and easily track commercial fleets and assets, streamline reporting and significantly increasing safety while saving cost. Leveraging a portfolio of 150+ patents, we are building upon these data and related analytics services to create the next generation of software and services for the 15M target customers in the US alone.
Headquartered in Seattle and majority-owned by technology company Continental, Zonar has a Technology Development Center in downtown Seattle and a distribution center outside of Atlanta. Our culture is based on ingenuity, leadership, teamwork, excellence, passion, integrity, and fun! Our company has grown to over 350 employees who are goal-oriented and fast-paced but understand the importance of having a healthy work life balance. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-paced, growing, innovative company, make a big impact on a rapidly evolving space, and have fun along the way