$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
San Diego, CA 92101
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
5 - 7 years
Posted 34 days ago
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a System Engineer tojoin our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA. The selected candidate will be responsible for coordination and collaboration with diverse engineering design teams to provide imaginative, technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems in establishing and managing the technical baseline in support of review milestones. The candidate will be executing tasks in system requirements development/management and system verification. The position requires systems thinking and working knowledge of the full development life-cycle processes that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Candidate must exhibit strong leadership characteristics in coordinating with multiple teams and managing tasks.
- Coordinate verification plans among various IPTs.
- Utilize Unmanned Aerial ISR systems UML & requirements development. (DOORS, Magic Draw & Cameo)
- Lead SEIT design team developing use cases and associated UML artifacts for new capabilities.
- Author design descriptions and algorithms for software processing defined in SEIT UML artifacts.
- Provide engineering expertise reviewing proposed supplier software design solutions.
- Provide analysis and engineering support to new business development activities.
- Develop, decompose and update requirements while working with subject matter experts and customer.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university.
- 5 years of engineering experience with a Bachelor's in Science; or 3 years of engineering experience with a Master's.
- An active in-scope DoD Secret clearance.
- The ability to obtain special program access.
- Prefer Engineering degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Engineering Physics.
-Top Secret Clearance
- Strong technical writing and communication skills. Flexibility to evolvingprogram environments. Candidate's performance directly impacts programsuccess.
Valid Through: 2019-10-10