At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Planner Software Developer based out of Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The Planner Software Developer candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Requirements assessment, software design, documentation, development, unit testing and integration.
- Applicant must be able to work independently with minimal guidance, research and solve problems quickly and work effectively with other software developers.
- Bring knowledge of systems software design/development and military standards a plus.
- Must be willing to work in fast paced environment.
- Minimal to no travel expected.
- Active Secret clearance
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 1 Years with PhD or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Applicant must be proficient in Java and have had hands-on experience in object oriented design and development.
- Software development is currently in an Eclipse IDE and target platforms are Windows and Linux.
- Experience with the following COTS/Shareware is preferred: DOORS, maven, clearcase or git, clearquest or equivalent work flow management tool, Enterprise Architect or equiv UML modeling tool, static code analysis tool (e.g. Fortify, checkstyle, findbugs), JEE application server (JBoss, Apache Tomcat
- Experience desired with secure programming practices, Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliance, STIG compliance, client / server programming techniques, and threaded programming.
- Experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software, and specialty engineers to develop solutions.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is required: 1.Radar Modeling Algorithms a. Radar Detection b. SNR to Pd c. Discrim d. Track Accuracy 2. Threat modeling (TGx) 3. Radar Cross Section (RCS) characterization 4. Computational geometry (e.g., WGS-84) 5. Kalman filtering 6. MATLAB Tools
- Experience with Agile Development, Automated Testing, and Design by Contract a plus.
- Background required includes experience in the integration of separate software packages into a single system.
- Experience in the missile defense, strategic or tactical systems, domain desired.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Proven interaction in a team environment a must.