Job Description Summary
Software Quality Engineering designs tests, develops and maintains test plans and test cases. Conducts all forms of testing across a diverse suite of software products, assuring the highest quality products are developed.
Ensures quality is built into software development products by utilizing a combination of preventative and appraisal methods, at all phases of development, to keep defects from getting into production.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of software quality concepts
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of at least one software quality discipline
- Implements existing software quality strategies on small and medium projects
- Implements existing software quality processes on small and medium projects
- Participates in the development of new software quality processes
- Defines, collects and publishes metrics on small and medium projects
- Executes complex test cases/scripts and interprets/analyzes results to report, communicate, and work through issues with software engineers
- Interprets product design and requirements to engineer test approach and generates test plans and test cases/scripts
- Takes on primary ownership for testing of certain area(s) of a system
- Conducts complex black box, system-level, functional testing
- Creates basic test plans for white box testing
- Develops white box test harnesses and tests
- Can develop source code (minimum of one language applicable to development environment) as well as do scripting
- Participate in research, selection, and implementation of new tools
- Train and mentor team members on processes and tools
- In depth understanding of a single application domain encompassing entire system
- Uses comprehensive expertise to improve and streamline software quality or development process
- Represents Quality organization on cross-functional product development Core Team(s)
- Leads execution of complex test cases/scripts and interprets/analyzes results to report, communicate, and work through issues with software engineers
- Considered expert in critical areas of the system and influences project test solutions
- Leads test efforts and may coordinate the efforts of other SQE engineers
- Can participate in and conducts test automation code reviews
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Business or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of software quality/test engineeringexperiencerequired
- Preferred: Minimum 2 years as a Quality/Test Engineering Lead
- Ability to train and coach others from technical expertise
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Proficient PC skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent analytical & communications skills
- Uses C# and/or scriptinglanguages to automate test cases and plans.
- Uses SQL to retrieve, update, and maintain data.
- Works with Cloud-based applications and solutions.
- Works with Web applications and services.
Job ID R-24443