What you'll do in your role.
- As a Principal Embedded Firmware Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment.
You will participate in the design, integration and improvement of the FW stacks for the main computational board embedded in our devices. This includes designing and implementing a wide range of low-level embedded software on our hardware platform, including device drivers, Linux kernel modules, porting existing software to new embedded platforms, and other low-level programming activities.
The experience you'll bring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent required.
- 10+ years of Software development experience.
- 7+ years of firmware and device driver development
- C and embedded SW development expertise.
- Experience using Git source control management system.
- Solid understanding of end-to-end SW development tool chains and environments.
- Hands-on experience in working with Linux-based devices.
- Hands-on experience on developing BSP for Linux and or Android based devices.
- Experience with embedded processors for cellphones, tablets or consumer electronic devices.
- Linux kernel and driver development experiencerequired.
- Experience working in both prototyping and formal product development environments
- Understanding of security issues related to deployments of common network applications and protocols
- MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience on ARM multi-core processors.
- Experience working with ISP, DSPs, and GPUs for embedded applications.
- Knowledge of wireless BLE 4.0 protocols, TCP/IP networking, understand 802.11 protocol
- Experience working with cellular modems and modules
Req ID: 120922BR